Kent Falls State Park is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts in Connecticut. Located in Kent, Connecticut, the park covers over 200 acres and features a series of cascading waterfalls, as well as hiking trails, picnicking areas, and a scenic overlook.
Hours of Operation:
Kent Falls State Park is open year-round, from 8:00am to sunset. The park is closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.
Directions to Kent Falls State Park:
To get to Kent Falls State Park, take exit 7 off of Route 7 and follow the signs to Kent. The park is located on Kent Falls Road, just off of Route 7.
Camping at Kent Falls State Park:
If you are planning to go camping at Kent Falls State Park, here are a few things you should know:
- The park has a campground with 21 tent and trailer sites. The campsites are first-come, first-served, and there is no reservation system in place. It is recommended to arrive early in the day to secure a campsite.
- Each campsite has a picnic table and a fire pit, but you will need to bring your own tent and other camping gear. There are also no electrical or water hookups available at the campsites.
- The campground has a modern bathhouse with flush toilets and hot showers. There is also a dump station for RVs.
- The park has a number of hiking trails, including the Kent Falls Trail, which leads to the waterfall. The trails range in difficulty, so there is something for hikers of all skill levels.
- The park has a number of picnic areas and a playground for children.
- Fishing is allowed in the Housatonic River, which flows through the park. A valid Connecticut fishing license is required.
- The park is open from 8:00 AM to sunset, and the campground is open from mid-May to mid-October.
I hope this information is helpful, and I hope you have a great time camping at Kent Falls State Park!
kent falls state park parking fee:
There is no fee to enter Kent Falls State Park. However, there is a charge for parking, which is $15 for Connecticut residents and $20 for non-residents.
Hotels Near Kent Falls State Park:
There are several hotels located near Kent Falls State Park in Kent, Connecticut. Here are a few options to consider:
- The Kent Inn: This inn is located just a few minutes’ drive from the state park, and offers comfortable rooms with private baths and free WiFi.
- The White Hart Inn: This historic inn is located in the center of Kent, and offers guest rooms and suites with private baths, antique furnishings, and modern amenities.
- The Hotel Kent: This hotel is located in the center of Kent, and offers comfortable rooms with private baths, cable TV, and free WiFi.
- The Bull’s Bridge Inn: This inn is located a short drive from the state park, and offers guest rooms and cottages with private baths, cable TV, and free WiFi.
- The Iron Horse Inn: This inn is located in the center of Kent, and offers guest rooms with private baths, cable TV, and free WiFi.
These are just a few of the many hotels located near Kent Falls State Park. I recommend checking out online travel websites to compare prices and read reviews from other travelers to help you find the best option for your needs and budget.
Hiking Trails at Kent Falls State Park:
Kent Falls State Park features a variety of hiking trails, ranging from easy to moderate in difficulty. The most popular trail is the Kent Falls Trail, which takes visitors on a loop through the park, passing by the cascading waterfalls and offering scenic views of the surrounding landscape. The Kent Falls Trail leads to the park’s namesake waterfall, which is one of the tallest in Connecticut. The trail is approximately 1 mile in length and is rated as moderate in difficulty. heaOther trails include the South Kent Trail, the Housatonic Range Trail, and the Appalachian Trail, which passes through the park.
Dogs at Kent Falls State Park:
Dogs are allowed at Kent Falls State Park, but they must be kept on a leash at all times. It is important to clean up after your dog and to be respectful of other park visitors.
Swimming at Kent Falls State Park:
Swimming is not allowed at Kent Falls State Park. However, there are several swimming areas located in the surrounding area, including Lake Waramaug State Park and Mount Tom State Park.
Website for Kent Falls State Park:
For more information about Kent Falls State Park, including a map of the park and details about the hiking trails and other amenities, visit the Kent Falls website.
Address for Kent Falls State Park:
Kent Falls State Park Kent Falls Road Kent, CT 06757
Makes sure to check out other great destinations.